View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 07:42 AM
N00B

As I Lay Dying -- Grand Rapids, MI -- March 28th, 2013

The Chariot played first. I've seen them 7 or 8x, and I do not like them very much. Tons of live energy, but they are not musicians.

For Today played next, and the crowd went crazy for them. They're a band that, ever since the 1st time I saw them in 2007 or 2008, I have only missed them once when they've come through town b/c I was sick, and I've made several road trips to see them. They're really a great live band. I hope they do another headlining tour soon.

For Today setlist
Fearless
Saul of Tarsus (The Messanger)
Seraphim
Foundation
Under God
Devastator

As I Lay Dying was next. This was the 1st time I've seen 'em since AWAKENED came out. The highlight for me was hearing the new songs, particularly "Whispering Silence." That song was amazing! They also had a really cool light show. They are 1 of my favorite live bands. They have so much energy on stage, and they're great musicians. I've seen them at least a dozen times, and this was the best show from them that I've ever seen. They absolutely DESTROYED!

As I Lay Dying setlist
Cauterize
Forever
Confined
A New Foundation
94 Hours
Condemned
Anodyne Sea
Whispering Silence
Forsaken
Wasted Words
The Sound of Truth
--encore--
Nothing Left
Through Struggle

The Devil Wears Prada played last, but I don't know enough of their songs to give a setlist. I've seen them live 4x now. I like them, and their set was good, but As I Lay Dying & For Today were impossible to follow.
2/18 STYG
2/27 For Today
3/21 Coal Chamber
3/26 Bob Seger