View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 12:44 PM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post
Although to be fair that also can apply to the bassist in his solo band(who apparently is his son in law and the father of his grandson)
Yeah, that whole thing is weird. I don't even really care to follow it. For as much flak as Tate got/gets about the family connections, Parker is a legitimately good guitarist. I always thought so. And in my view, that's what should count. That said, that particular pick is creepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
After a few listens, here's what I got-

The chorus is so wrong and out of place. It's like they tried to write a modern hard rock song, but with a super poppy chorus and it just doesn't work at all.

For the love of god, why so much autotune?! Yes, autotune is an industry standard by now, but it should NEVER be this distracting. Hell, it shouldn't even be noticeable to the untrained ear. Massive, massive mistake from Jimbo Barton on this one.

Todd sounds awesome, my worry about his ability to write vocal melodies has been totally alleviated. That being said, dude should be singing plain old heavy metal, not this metal/pop frankensong.
Well said.

A chorus like "Search and you’ll find the answers/To be the change that you want to see" makes it seem like someone forgot to tell them they aren't Journey. It's like "Take Hold of the Flame" but a few decades too late and less engaging. And not really the type of chorus I would've expected from them, given their heavily metal (pun intended) set list of late.

Last edited by EvilCheeseWedge; 03-27-2013 at 12:47 PM.