View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 10:39 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post
Good taste

Despite the criticisms on some corners of the Internet, I'd agree that Geoff's QR touring line-up could be pretty good. I saw Dio's band when Sarzo and Wright were in it, and they were a great rhythm section. Gray is an okay guitarist, so hopefully Rudy Sarzo's brother, the other guitarist, is a much better guitarist than Gray. If he is, there's a chance this line-up might be worth something. If he's equal to Gray or less than in terms of playing, I don't think GTQR will be worth that much since QR music, and Operation: Mindcrime in particular, are so guitar driven.

GT's band is also getting some better bookings. The real QR is playing in a Harley Davidson dealership in my town. Literally a motorcycle dealership. That's the only show in my state they're playing. GTQR's on the other hand will be playing the House of Blues here.

Geoff's version is doing the TLA in Philly(where I'm apparently getting comped a ticket), last year his solo band did a now closed sports bar/club in NE Philly

If anything it sounds like things are picking up, he went from a venue maybe holding 150 to one holding 1200, and that's with being in the area twice within half a year
Uproar
Crue/Alice Cooper
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour