View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 11:29 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

The Dillinger Escape Plan – Calculating Infinity (1999)

I bought this album without hearing a single note of Dillinger Escape Plan’s music. I’d heard a lot of great things about them and they’d opened for Mr. Bungle the summer before so I figured they must be good. In hindsight it was a really stupid thing to do. I think it cost me close to thirty dollars for an album I wasn’t even sure I’d like. And at first I didn’t like it. I think I was expecting them to be a death metal band. There were parts I thought were cool, like the main riff from 43% Burnt, but things changed so quickly and I just wasn’t ready for that type of music at that point in my life. You gotta remember, in 2000 there weren’t as many bands like DEP as there are today so it was a huge shock. I can even remember thinking stupid things like, "maybe if they had a better singer I'd like this album more". A couple years later they got the singer to end all singers (Mike Patton) and I ended up not liking that too much and realized they were better off with the guy they had on this album. Over the years it's grown on me more and more and I’ve really found myself loving it. It’s really the only DEP I like, aside from the Under the Running Board EP which is way over-priced whenever I see it (twenty-five bucks for seven minutes of music, no thanks).
Favorite Song: Weekend Sex Change
07/04 - Agalloch
08/23 - Alice in Chains
12/06 - the Music of Final Fantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 03-26-2013 at 12:21 AM.