View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 07:47 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
Pallbearer
Tool
Royal Thunder
All awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Morbid Angel
It's already been said, but of all the folks who have mentioned these cats in this thread, you are the most surprising.

Also, me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
Anaal Nathrakh
The Prodigy
Interesting picks, and same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco44 View Post
A few bands that either don't tour, or who aren't going to tour again: Fall of Efrafa, Drudkh, Burst...
I feel so fortunate to have seen them on their one and only U.S. tour a few years back. Got to meet and talk to Linus for like forty-five minutes, too. Super nice guy, and a truly great band who were criminally under-rated and stopped making music way too early.

By the way, ya know who I would put on a list like that? Hard to believe, but I never saw Judas Priest.

I know, I know. Fucking ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco44 View Post
*shels
Interesting pick. Same here.

Likewise to all you guys who said GY!BE.

For my part, if I had to pick just five, it would be very difficult, as others have said. However, just off the top of my head (and keeping it to bands who are still active, just to help narrow it down somewhat):

Cobalt (although that will be remedied in approximately two months!)
Ufomammut (this was supposed to be a ditto, but alas it looks like I'll have to wait )
SubRosa
Anaal Nathrakh
Ides of Gemini (I may get a chance to remedy this soon as well, but I don't know yet...)
This Will Destroy You (and a whole host of other post rock acts out there, but these cats top the list)
The Prodigy

So fuck off, I listed seven and not five.

The Prodigy doesn't count, since they're not metal, and Cobalt doesn't count because I'm seeing them soon, so there.