View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 07:33 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
I really like Virtual XI a lot too. The Angel and the Gambler could be kinda good if the damn chorus wasn't repeated so many ties. Futureal, When Two Worlds Collide, Lightning Strikes Twice, The Educated Fool, and the Clansman are all great. Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger is kind of a drag though.

I like most of the Martin-era Sabbath records, Slayer's Christ Illusion, Megadeth's United Abominations and I think Anthrax's Stomp 442 has some cool stuff on it.
The Angel and Gambler would be a fine song if it was about 5-6 mins long. There was absolutely no reason for that song to go on as long as it does. I've always liked When Two Worlds Collide and Lightning Strikes Twice a lot and i've always imagined how awesome those would be if Bruce had sung on them. Two very good songs either way.

I love all the Martin era Sabbath stuff. Even Forbidden which gets a lot of shit, has some pretty solid songs on it. Both UA and Stomp are pretty good albums to. Anthrax started sounding more groove/nu metal on Stomp, but there are a bunch of really good heavy rockin songs on it that have some great melodic vocal hooks from John and some really good riffs from Scott.

Back to your original post, I do like most of No Prayer For The Dying as well. I'm not sure if they will ever play anything off it again but Tailgunner would be a great choice and I think the crowd would love to hear it. I know I would.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 03-24-2013 at 07:35 PM.