View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 09:12 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Broken Social Scene
Broken Social Scene (2005)

Forgiveness Rock Record (2010)

Another Canadian band that I doubt many people on this forum have ever heard of but a pretty popular band in Canada. I usually hate most radio rock but Broken Social Scene do something a bit different. It’s not just verse-chorus-verse-chorus music and it doesn’t sound a bit like Three Days Grace. BSS were a pretty creative band and on the self-tiitled album they took it to a whole other level. It was a very experimental, spastic almost improvisational album. BSS was basically two guys at the core who invited friends to come and play and on their albums you had everyone just doing their thing but making it work in the end. It could’ve been a mess but it turned out really good. The follow up was a little more laid back and thought out but was still a great album. The best memories I have of that album are that I got it around the same time my first son was born. So the bliss of new parenthood still surrounds the songs. It’s too bad they go away for years at a time because I’d love more music from them.
Favorite Song (Broken Social Scene): Superconnected
Favorite Song (Forgiveness Rock Record): Sentimental X's
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 03-20-2013 at 09:39 AM.