View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 04:59 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

the Crow (1994)

Nine times out of ten soundtracks are crap. Even if it’s full of your favorite bands the songs are usually just:
a) leftovers that weren’t good enough to make it on their last album
b) covers
c) remixes
d) already on albums so therefore you already have them
e) just not very good songs
But every once and a while a really good soundtrack comes along. The Crow soundtrack was one of those. The movie was actually pretty good and it had some of the best alternative bands of the era on it (Nine Inch Nails, Stone Temple Pilots, Rage Against the Machine, Helmet, who all had great songs). There were some great dark songs on it by the Cure and Rollins Band, some great underground industrial from My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult, and one of the best Pantera songs out there; a cover of Poison Idea’s the Badge. But there was some filler by artists I didn’t really care for; like Jane Siberry and the Violent Femmes. But those songs were all still really dark and fit in. Really with this album the bands I knew had songs I really liked. And all the bands I didn’t know or knew I didn't like already had songs that I didn’t, except My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult (that song was awesome). I wish I knew what happened to my copy of this album. It's gone, somewhere, and I don't really feel like buying it again. If you've never seen the movie you should check it out too.
Favorite Song: Burn by the Cure
07/04 - Agalloch
08/23 - Alice in Chains
12/06 - the Music of Final Fantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 03-18-2013 at 05:42 PM.