Well I'm finally ready to write my review of Gigantour
I arrived at 5 with my friends leilah and zach at the hard rock live. it was sold out so it was pretty packed but i bought upstairs seats so i could relax until megadeth came on. Bought myself the greatest hits shirt for $35(thanks allan) and then decided to enjoy myself with all the bands.
1. Bobaflex: iv seen them live before. I enjoy them. They are nothing special but are very catchy and put on a good stage show. The bass player is really cool. I met him and he was a nice guy. 8/10
2. Dry Kill Logic: I didnt really see this band. I went outside for a bit to get some fresh air. Someone on their street team asked me if I liked them. I said i didnt know so she gave me a free sticker. score!!
3. Symphony X: I am going to check this band out. They were really really good. The bass player looked like Ian Hill from Judas Priest. They were really talented and sounded fantastic. 9/10
4. Life of Agony: eh, they were ok. They seem to love to tell everyone they are from New York. The bass player was dressed as a gangster. I'll give there cd a listen though. 7/10
5. Nevermore: I liked them. I'll check out some more. The singer looked like Jay from Jay and silent bob. I missed the first part of the set cause i had to piss and the line was huge. 8/10
6. Dillinger Escape Plan: Awful. Plain awful. All it is is noise and a crazy stage show. The rest was crap. They sounded like a hardcore band which is awful in its self. Why Dave did you put them on this tour? WHY?! 1/10
7. Fear Factory: The last three bands were the ones i wanted to see. FF to me are one of the most original talented metal bands right now. They also have Byron the bassist from SYL playing. I love Byron. Very underated. They came on and put on a great show. They rocked the whole arena. 9/10. Ive got to buy then new cd. I also took some pictures.
8. Dream Theater: I know there has been alot of Dream Theater bashing on this site but let me tell you they are amazing to watch. Everyone is very very talented at their instrument. Petrucci is amazing to watch.
The problem is that he looks like the dude from N'Sync and went shopping at Hot Topic for his clothes. The keyboardist is really really good as well.10/10
9. MEGAFUCKINDETH!!: By now im out of my mind. I am going to see Megadeth.
They set up and as soon as the lights set the intro to Blackmail the Universe started. So literaly, I went insane. They played alot of their classics which was a great thing. The band was on a roll. Prefect from start to finish. They played my two favorites Hangar 18 and Peace Sells. I decided to record both songs so iv got video of Hangar 18 and Peace Sells to watch all the time. Dave them comes on and says "See if you recognize this song." Nobody knew the intro and then all of a sudden you hear dave singing "Finished with my woman cause she couldn't help em with my mind" PARANOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deth just blew me away with that. They then came on to do the encore of Holy Wars. After it Dave was walking around and looked up at my seat and said thanks you. Two consecutive shows with the band member looking right at me and talking to me. After that I'm out of my mind. What a way to end my summer. Priest, SYL, Clutch, and Megadeth. I am still in awe of last night. If Gigantour comes to your town...do not hesitate GO!
My friend Zach comes up to me. Wearing his Metallica shirt. He kept telling me how Metallica is the greatest band ever. Better then Deth. Better then anyone. He looks at me and goes "fuck metallica." If that doesnt prove to anyone how good this show was, then i dotn know how. I'll post some pics after i resize them