View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 11:05 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Neurosis - Through Silver in Blood (1996)

I’m of the minority that likes Neurosis’ later work but doesn’t see what the big deal is. A Sun That Never Sets wasn’t that good. The Eye of Every Storm sucked. Given to the Rising had its moments. The newest album I haven’t heard. I think they peaked with this album. While their later stuff is pretty stripped down and organic sounding this album is still undoubtly Neurosis but was very mechanical and almost industrial in parts. You just have to hear the sample that opens the album and you’ll realize that it’s not the same band. Now when they get into those long drawn out ambient parts they can get really boring but for whatever reason on this album it works for me. I think there’s just more going on. The bagpipes during the end Purify are so haunting and cleansing after the chaos of the song, and the intro to Strength Of Fates sends chills down my spine. I found too on this album that when they did rock they did it with a lot more aggression then they do now. The last shreds of the hardcore edge were still present on this album. And the artwork is fantastic. It fits how the music sounds perfectly. I still respect Neurosis but I don’t enjoy them as much as I did back then.
Favorite Song: Aeon
07/04 - Agalloch
08/23 - Alice in Chains
12/06 - the Music of Final Fantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 03-20-2013 at 11:58 PM.