4.Leather Rebel
5.Metal Meltdown
6.Night Crawler
7.Between The Hammer & The Anvil
8.A Touch Of Evil
9.Battle Hymn
10.One Shot At Glory

Genre: Heavy Metal/Speed Metal

This is the record that got me into Priest, and so I declare it their best album of all-time.I never really was into Priest before a couple months ago, and one day I decided I should check it out.It has a killer album cover, and most of the time if I see a album that I've never heard before, that has a good album cover, I will want to listen to it.I don't know why, but that's how I think.Anyway, this album is one of the greatest metal albums period, and that is pretty much all there is to say.Standouts include the stellar title-track, the killer anthem "Leather Rebel", and the best priest song of all-time imo, "One Shot At Glory".

Standout Track:
"One Shot At Glory" http://grooveshark.com/s/One+Shot+At+Glory/431vAY?src=5
Atta boy! The scary thing about this album is that it was in a way, kind of contrived. Throughout the 1980s Priest were pandering to a target audience really, and at the time Painkiller was almost like Priest's Death Magnetic. Hell, I'd argue that Nostradamus was the first Priest album with Halford singing since Stained Class where they wrote what they wanted to hear instead of what everyone else wanted to hear. I honestly think that Glenn and KK exerted little to no effort writing the songs on Painkiller, to them it was probably super easy. They probably could have written and released an album closely resembling Painkiller (honestly, I'm convinced the title track was their way of updating Exciter to 1990 standards) any time after 1978, and if they did, Priest would have been hailed as the direct creators of thrash instead of Metallica or Exodus.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16