View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 04:30 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post
That's a pretty short set... it's like their Judas Priest opening set in 2005.
Well, it was two songs shorter than the planned setlist given them playing it safe due to sickness, thankfully I'm glad they dropped the two they did. Dropping songs like "Roads to Madness", "Child of Fire", or "Prophecy" would have totally ruined the special-ness of this show.

Also, it didn't feel short at all. Yeah, 85 minutes isn't long, but honestly, I'm not one of those people who needs bands to play over 2 hours to feel entertained, I just want a good show, whatever the length. Considering they're actually a full-blown, energetic metal band again, I can totally understand not wanting to play all that much longer than they planned to. I'd much rather see a highly entertaining, top-notch 85 minute set than a mediocre, uninspired 2 hour one. But we've had this argument before. At the end of the day, while I was there, all I could think of was how great the show was, and how impressed and entertained I was. Going all analytical now would just be kind of dumb. I go to shows to have fun and be entertained, not to sit analyzing every way it could have been better in hindsight.