View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 05:01 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Honorable Mention #17

Wu-Tang Clan
Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) (1993)

Forever (1997)

I like to consider myself one of those guys who have a more diverse taste in music than most people, but I really don’t. I hate R&B, country, jazz, reggae, soul, funk, do-wop, swing and most classical. So really my tastes don’t go much further than metal, some rock, some alternative, a little techno and very little hip-hop. I don’t think I even own ten hip-hop albums. But five of those albums are from the Wu-Tang Clan and two of those albums are incredible. The debut I love for the gritty, underground darkness. The best songs are any featuring RZA or Ghostface Killah, so it’s natural that my favorite song from them of all time is their duet; Tearz. The massive follow up could be better. Being a double album had it been trimmed down to one disc it probably would’ve been (or if it had of only been disc one with a few tracks off disc two). But like with all double album it gets to be a bit much by the end. This album is all Ghostface. Anything he’s on is fucking incredible. I really should check his solo stuff out. I’m not going to get too much further into analyzing this work or anything because I don’t have too much knowledge of this genre.
Favorite Song (Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)): Tearz
Favorite Song (Forever): Cash Still Rules/Scary Hours (Still Don't Nothing Move But The Money)
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 03-09-2013 at 07:41 PM.