View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 08:02 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_M_S View Post
So apparently the beginning and end of that episode were great, but everything in the middle was straight up dogshit, we stopped watching and missed the Punk/Cena match, which was apparently really good. Oh well. Everything in the middle was a shit gimmick match or just promos and trailers for movies. That was brutal.
This is why you watch RAW on DVR or download the episode from somewhere. You can buzz by all the pointless segements, video recaps and product shilling they do and have the show done in an hour and a half or less. I haven't watched a RAW live in full since they went to three hours and i'm not even sure how the most diehard WWE can do that on a weekly basis?

I'm also fortunate that I work 230-1030 on monday evenings. I'm usually home in time to see the last 10 minutes of the show and then since I DVR it, I just watch the rest before I go to sleep. RAW isn't must see TV anymore, so do whatever you can to avoid it live because as it stands now, the full three hour production is killing it's entertainment value.

It was good to see HHH back but just like The Undertaker, he really doesn't look like himself without the long hair. That was a nasty shot Lesnar took on the ring post. I'm glad the WWE didn't chicken out and put an end to the segment when they realised how bad he had been busted opened. Punk's promo and the main event were excellent. Dean Ambrose should be the only guy in the Shield allowed to talk since he's the only one in the group who can. Rollins is OK on the mic but something isn't feeling quite right when he talks. Reigns just needs to shut the fuck up and be the groups silent muscle.

I think Punk's promo is forshadowing the Undertaker's return. Punk called himself a legend, icon and God so that should be enough for Taker to challenge him to a match at mania. In order to call himself God, Punk will have to beat Taker at mania, since Taker is God.