View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 12:02 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Honorable Mention #7

Final Fantasy OST (1988 - present)
Specifically Final Fantasies IV, VI, VII, XII and XIII

On my iTunes I have close to nine hundred Final Fantasy songs. And I don’t even have them all. To pick a favorite Final Fantasy song is next to impossible. I could say Who…Are You? from Final Fantasy VII is my favorite Final Fantasy song. But then the random play on my iTunes could play Village & Void from Final Fantasy XIII-2 and I’d say it’s that was my favorite. To pick a favorite game soundtrack is even pretty hard. Each Final Fantasy soundtrack is a little different: the depressing/dark overtones of FF VII, the innocent throwback of FF IX, the modern J-Pop of FF XIII. But each fits the game it backdrops perfectly. I’ve been playing Final Fantasy games for over twenty years and most of them have been really good, while some of them have been really bad. But the one consistent is the music. I pick Final Fantasies IV and Vi as two of my favorites because they were really the only Final Fantasies I played up until 1998, so there's a lot of fond memories associated with those games and music. Final Fantasy VII has a really creepy soundtrack that's different from a lot of the other games. XII is probably my favorite Final Fantasy so it's only natural that I love the music. And XIII was a terrible game with probably my favorite soundtrack of them all. That's not to say all the rest of the games don't have great music. You can go back to the very first Final Fantasy on the NES and there are still a lot of great, memorable songs (who can forget the Marsh Caves or Matoya's Cave). Those are just my favorites.
Favorite Song (Final Fantasy IV): Tears of Sorrow
Favorite Song (Final Fantasy VI): Tina
Favorite Song (Final Fantasy VII): Who...Are You?
Favorite Song (Final Fantasy XII): Esper
Favorite Song (Final Fantasy XIII): Test of the L'Cie
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation

Last edited by adamclark52; 02-23-2013 at 09:05 PM.