View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 07:29 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Work was canceled because of ice for me yesterday and I flat out forgot about this so I now owe you 2 songs, here it is:

30. The Incomprable Mr. Flannery
29. What Would A Wookie Do?
28. American Sleep
27. You Can't Stop Progress - From Beale Street To Oblivion http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SGTs-fjEIY
26. Mob Goes Wild - Blast Tyrant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isP-mRUSJ6k

Seriously after 5 songs I'm really having a hard time trying to decide the order. You Can't Stop Progress is just an absolutely perfect song to start out on the Beale Street album. If you had 1 song to tell other people "this is what this album is going to sound like" this is the song that just fits. Its got a little bit of that Clutch groove and just enough of that bluesy sound that Clutch adopted the album before w/ Robot Hive/Exodus (although I don't think it translated as well as this album). A great opener on an album full of other great songs (that will be very well represented on this list).

Obviously this song is quite well known to most people who have ever listened or even heard of Clutch. Now 9 years ago when I was first getting into Clutch this song would have been 1 easily but having taken in the whole discography since then plus all new releases since, I think this is about right where it should be. I would have to say Mob is Clutch's "Enter Sandman" although Electric Worry might argue that a little but I still think its their most well known song. Part of that might be why its lower on the list. But what it really comes down to, take out all the TV shows and wherever else you heard it, its still such a killer song. At the ripe age of 20 I had never heard a song groove so hard, and be so damn catchy. You hear it once its almost impossible to not sing along the next time you hear it. Its also special to me because it was my gateway drug into Clutch and I have been hooked ever since. If you've never really listened to Clutch before I would wholeheartedly suggest starting with this song and you will be hooked.