View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 06:10 AM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Dont get me wrong I listen to some cheesy music but what appeals to you from glam metal/rock or whatevs sooo much to where it makes your top 100 list. I mean when I see the album covers and listen to it its just too cheesy. Plus totally aimed for the chicas like cmon...
Well considering glam metal is my all-time FAVORITE genre, you should expect for this list to be filled with glam metal albums.I love the guitar talented, the tone of the singers, and just the overall anthemic and happy feeling in most glam metal's songs.Not to say I don't love serious stuff to.Bands like Skid Row, Motley Crue, and L.A. Guns are all about sleaze and/or danger, witch I really like as well.But bands like Poison, Warrant, and White Lion are just about having fun, but are all serious when it's needed.Poison is a perfect example and is really somewhat an underrated band in this community, because they get judged by songs like "Unskinnny Bop" and "Nothin' But A Good Time", but they actually have great serious songs like "Fallen Angel", "Life Goes On", and "Stand".So I don't think you're giving a lot of glam bands a chance, just my opinion though.On a side note, glam rock and glam metal are two different genres.Example: Sweet, glam rock. Poison, glam metal.