View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 07:22 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Not always. The pre-sale is a scam anyways. The ticket companies and promoters do it so you think you're getting some special deal by getting them before the general on sale date. Truth is, there is nothing to garuntee you the better seats through the pre-sales. It gauntees you'll get tickets if they happen to sell out right away but other than that you can get just as good of seats if you wait until the official on sale date.

Iron Maiden is the only pre-sale i've ever been a part of that gives you first dibs on the best tickets. If the pre-sales were special in some way I wouldn't get e-mails from live nation telling me the special passwords for concerts that I have no interest in going to.
I think a lot of it depends on the venue. The Verizon Center and DAR Constitution Hall in DC always give me shit for presales but the PNC Arena in Raleigh has always seemed to work out really well for me.

The thing about presales is to give it a shot but if you're clearly only pulling up tickets that are decent at best, probably wait and you can get something better on general sale.

But yes, thankfully the Maiden presales are pretty good. They even sold every pit ticket there was during the presale for Charlotte last year.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac