View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 05:43 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
I admit that I enjoyed the show, but I think this was handled poorly by just about every party involved.

First of all, I found out yesterday afternoon that Overkill wouldn't be playing (probably around 1 or so), and there was no official statement from the band or the promoter. It was just a random blog that I'd never heard of claiming to have an "exclusive" story. Not only that, but not everybody is as into following this stuff as I am, so I know there were plenty of people who didn't find out until they go to the venue (the promoter put up an announcement around 5 or 5:30, and the show started at 7).

Testament was a similar story; I had no clue Chuck was sick, and he didn't say anything about it on stage. I wouldn't have been as angry last night if he had said that he couldn't play anymore, but I really wanted to hear The Formation of Damnation.

It's just ridiculous that everyone had to pay the full ticket price for a band cancelling that a lot of people went specifically for, and for the headliner to cut at least 20 minutes (including the new songs that a lot of people hadn't heard) with no explanation.

With that said, Alex Skolnick was the complete highlight of the night. It was the clearest sound he's had of the 3 times I've seen them, and he made it look so easy. Flotsam and Jetsam was pretty good too. I was surprised that even the newer stuff sounded pretty heavy live. It was a bit long, and it didn't have Doomsday, but I know seeing them was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I'm happy I went.
I went to this show the night before I didn't find out about Overkill not playing until around 5 o'clock. I went to the show with my brother and he checked the venues facebook page and they mentioned it and that's how we found out. The venues web page, which is the one I awlays go to, had no mention of it. Since I don't do none of that social media crap, I wouldn't have known until I got to the venue that Overkill wasn't playing. At the venue all they had was a few signs written in maker taped up on the doors saying "Overkill won't be playing tonight, sorry".

None of the other bands mentioned it but that's not their job to.