View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 04:49 PM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

I admit that I enjoyed the show, but I think this was handled poorly by just about every party involved.

First of all, I found out yesterday afternoon that Overkill wouldn't be playing (probably around 1 or so), and there was no official statement from the band or the promoter. It was just a random blog that I'd never heard of claiming to have an "exclusive" story. Not only that, but not everybody is as into following this stuff as I am, so I know there were plenty of people who didn't find out until they go to the venue (the promoter put up an announcement around 5 or 5:30, and the show started at 7).

Testament was a similar story; I had no clue Chuck was sick, and he didn't say anything about it on stage. I wouldn't have been as angry last night if he had said that he couldn't play anymore, but I really wanted to hear The Formation of Damnation.

It's just ridiculous that everyone had to pay the full ticket price for a band cancelling that a lot of people went specifically for, and for the headliner to cut at least 20 minutes (including the new songs that a lot of people hadn't heard) with no explanation.

With that said, Alex Skolnick was the complete highlight of the night. It was the clearest sound he's had of the 3 times I've seen them, and he made it look so easy. Flotsam and Jetsam was pretty good too. I was surprised that even the newer stuff sounded pretty heavy live. It was a bit long, and it didn't have Doomsday, but I know seeing them was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I'm happy I went.