View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 08:09 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Damn, that sucks, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I thought there may have been some problems with this tour when I saw how fucked up the routing was. This show last night was their seventh in a row without a day off. It's not suprising Blitz got sick and Chuck's voice is struggling. These are 50 year old men now and while it is their job to go out on tour, they still need to have a day off after doing three or four shows in a row. I don't know if the band has any say in how many shows they can do in a row but the person who booked this tour needs to be fired. I wouldn't even have a band half the age of these guys working that many shows straight without a night off.
Yeah, I don't understand the routing. At the very least the Silver Spring, MD show should have been the 11th and not the 12th. Atlanta and Charlotte were the 9th and 10th and Charlotte to DC really isn't a bad drive so they could have easily done that show a day earlier and possibly have done the Philly show a day earlier as well so you would have a 4 show / 5 show split instead of a 2 show / 7 show split. Even 4/5 seems a bit much though, especially with filming the DVD.

I got very lucky to see this before any of these problems set in (besides Blitz feeling sick but still well enough to perform).
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac