View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 03:30 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
No, because that album was awesome & it's one of the best produced metal albums of the last 15 years. And they released "Prophecy", not "Nostradamus", as the first single.
Prophecy may have been the first single, but Nostradamus and Visions were definitely released online before that song. I remember because those two songs were released near the end of my freshman year of high school and my friends and I thought those songs were awesome as hell and we were convinced that Nostradamus would rule. Nostradamus has enough great songs on it to fill a 45-50 minute LP, but as a two hour long double album it's about 60% interlude filler and mediocre songs. I give them credit for basically writing for themselves instead of for a particular audience for the first time since basically Stained Class, but the album as a whole really isn't very good. And as for the production, it's anything but one of the best produced of the last fifteen years or whatever. The strings all sounded like low quality keyboard samples, Ian's bass was pretty much non-existent, and Scott's drums were buried (and dude was forced to play the lamest drum parts he's ever done). If Priest had actually gone with a real producer instead of having Glenn and KK produce themselves, Nostradamus might have actually been pretty damn good.

As for AiC, I think Jerry knows that he can't really fuck with the songwriting formula he's got if he wants to still be successful. Chances are this album will be good, even if the title is weird and random.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16