View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 11:33 AM
N00B

Stone Sour -- Milwaukee, WI -- January 25th, 2013

This was a co-headlining show with Papa Roach but I don't think I've seen two bands in a thread title recently and there wasn't an exact tour name, so I wasn't sure if that was against MetalSetlists standards.

Anyhow, my mom was nice enough to surprise me with tickets for this show for Christmas and accompany me to it, as it was a show I really wanted to go to as I'm a big fan of both Papa Roach and Stone Sour. We got to The Rave around 6:30, about a half hour before the show started. We looked at merchandise a bit, I already had two Stone Sour t-shirts and one Papa Roach t-shirt at home. But I decided to get another Papa Roach t-shirt at the show of a black and white version of their new album cover The Connection. It was $30, in case anyone is interested in the actual price. Anyhow, onto my actual review with the setlists and how long each band played that I wrote while at the show...

Otherwise (6:59-7:30)-
I
Die For You
Lighthouse
II
Silence Reigns
I Don't Apologize (1000 Pictures)
Full Circle
Soldiers

^ Otherwise is the opening band for the US leg of the Stone Sour/Papa Roach tour. Their debut album True Love Never Dies was another gift I got for Christmas. I listened to it a few times before the show so I would recognize the songs. They put on a pretty good opening set, but the vocals weren't mixed very well, especially during the song Die For You. They mentioned a few times they were from Las Vegas and they introduced their last song Soldiers, by saying that it was dedicated to all the people in the military, formerly in the military, and the average civilians as everybody has something to fight for.

Papa Roach (7:53-9:04)-
Engage
Still Swingin'
Blood Brothers
Give Me Back My Life
Between Angels And Insects
Where Did The Angels Go?
Forever
Before I Die
Burn
...To Be Loved
Getting Away With Murder
Silence Is The Enemy
Scars
Hollywood Whore
Lifeline
Dead Cell
Last Resort

^ This was my second time seeing Papa Roach. The first time I saw them was in June 2010 at Summerfest, also in Milwaukee. They kicked ass once again! There were a lot more people moshing and crowd surfing this time, as there weren't benches in the way like there were at Summerfest. Not that I mosh, as I was up in the balcony last night. It was so great to hear Blood Brothers live. Funny story is the first time I saw them, I kept shouting for it in between songs, but since it is an older deep cut I wasn't surprised they didn't play it. So hearing it this time without me jokingly shouting for it, was very cool. Jacoby Shaddix (singer) seemed to be having a great time, asking people to start a circle pit on the floor. He did spit into the crowd a lot, I didn't notice that the first time I saw them. I wish they would have played Time And Time Again and Leader Of The Broken Hearts though. But it was so awesome to see them live again.

Stone Sour (9:27-10:44)-
Gone Sovereign
Absolute Zero
Mission Statement
Hell & Consequences
Digital (Did You Tell)
Made Of Scars
A Rumor Of Skin
Reborn
RU486
Say You'll Haunt Me

ENCORE:
Bother
Through Glass
The Travelers, Pt. 2
Last Of The Real
30/30-150

^ I'd been wanting to see Stone Sour live for a while, so it was finally awesome to do so. I know I'm in the minority here, but I like them even more than Slipknot. But I think Slipknot is a kickass band too, don't get me wrong. After the lights went down, the first verse and chorus of Gone Sovereign was played over the PA system and the band came out and launched into the "This is mine" scream after the first chorus. Corey introduced Digital (Did You Tell) to the new generation that needs to unplug and enjoy their fucking lives (probably my generation as I'm 19, lol). At one point in the show, he had to ask the audience to take one step back because he thought people in the very front were getting crushed. The audience did so and he thanked them for it as he said it is true respect. Last Of The Real was also really good live. Although it would have been nice to hear Get Inside, Orchids, and Hesitate, it was great to finally see Stone Sour live and having Papa Roach on the bill made it an incredible, unforgettable night.

Last edited by velvetgrass; 01-26-2013 at 12:02 PM.