View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 10:12 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Biohazard
Reborn In Defiance

As Metalsetlist.com's resident Biohazard fanboy, you had to expect this somewhere on the list, right? As gay as this sounds, I don't think I'd ever been this excited for an album release. Been a fan of these guys since I was 10, so I grew up listening to them, and have always loved their outlook on life and theories on family and friends. Was thrilled when they reunited with the original lineup in 2008, and have subsequently seen them live 8x. They remain one of the best live bands on the planet. I was even more excited when they streamed 'Vengeance Is Mine' and 'Reborn', as they're both great, heavy, hardcore laced metal tracks. When I finally got the album and listened to VIM ad track 3 'Decay', I almost couldn't believe how much I liked the first 2 tracks. However, Evan threw his pimp hand down on many of these tunes, and there are a couple stinkers. Not BAD tunes, just too soft for Biohazard. However, there's always a great track after the 2-3 stinkers, so it's not too much of a buzzkill. If not for those ghey tunes, this album would have probably been number one. In addition to the 3 tracks I've mentioned, 'Reborn' and 'Skullcrusher' are 2 more amazing songs. Bobby Hambel lays down some sick solod (as per usual), and I think this is the best the rythym guitar's have sounded since 'State of the World Address'. The gang-shouted chorus', the breakdowns, everything you'd expect from Biohazard is still here. Get rid of the couple shitty tunes, and this would be my AOTY. If you ever have a chance to see these guys live, do it. They absolutely kill.

Vengeance Is Mine
Decay
Come Alive (shamelessly promoting my own vid)

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)