View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 05:56 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by energymetal14 View Post
That is depressing, but I already see this everywhere, school, work, whatever. Luckily for me I have a strong work ethic and try not to let others get to me. It just is frustrating when people are so self-centered and lazy.
I commend you for having a strong work ethic and not paying attention to others but it always happens. I can't tell you how many bumbleclots I've seen get promoted to foreman or whatever just because their uncle is in management. Or not get laid-off when other good people are just because their brother is buddies with someone. And it doesn't matter if you're in the construction industry (like me), the restaurant industry, working in some office or a bus driver; it happens everywhere.

And it happens in your personal life all the time too, which is even more frustrating. I have a deadweight brother who's had everything fall into place for him despite all his attempts to fuck everything up multiple times. Then I have a great job, make a lot of money and still worry my fucking ass off every month.

Fucking Patriots.

But have a good work ethic and continue to help out others. I do too and when people ask me why I do I just tell them that "maybe, something nice will happen for me".
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 01-20-2013 at 05:58 PM.