View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 11:27 AM
THIS IS LHHC!

4. Anaal Nathrakh - Vanitas

Anaal Nathrakh finally got back to being brutal as hell after going a bit too melodic on their last few albums. I think this is their best album since The Codex Necro. If you like black metal, industrial, grindcore or getting your mind fucked, then you should listen to this album. The opening 1-2-3-4 punch is phenomenal.

Anaal Nathrakh - The Blood-Dimmed Tide
Anaal Nathrakh - Forging Towards the Sunset
Anaal Nathrakh - To Spite the Face
Anaal Nathrakh - Todo Somos Humanos

3. Royal Thunder - CVI

The riffs!! They're so catchy. This could possibly be classified as bluesy doom metal or at least that's what I call it. The vocal delivery from front woman Mlny is flawless. Whispering World might be one of the best songs in existence.

Royal Thunder - Parsonz Curse
Royal Thunder - Whispering World (This version sounds phenomenal)
Royal Thunder - Shake and Shift
Royal Thunder - Blue

2. Asphyx - Deathhammer

Martin van Drunen can do no wrong! Asphyx delivers another slow, crushing death/doom release. I absolutely love the drumming on this album.

Asphyx - Into the Timewastes
Asphyx - Deathhammer
Asphyx - Minefield
Asphyx - Os Abysmi Vel Daath (Celtic Frost Cover) (An awesome bonus track)

1. Cattle Decapitation - Monolith of Inhumanity

This has the longest run of perfect tracks of any album this year. Track 1 all the way up to the interlude track are perfect. Travis Ryan definitely gets vocal performance of the year for this one. His addition of "clean" vocals is just fucking awesome. This is a masterpiece of the deathgrind genre.

Cattle Decapitation - The Carbon Stampede
Cattle Decapitation - A Living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Cattle Decapitation - Lifestalker
Cattle Decapitation - Kingdom of Tyrants

A lot of the songs I wanted weren't on Youtube for some reason (namely Dead Set on Suicide and Your Disposal).

Woo! Finally done. I plan on adding other shit because I like making lists, so, yeah...thanks for reading and stuff! I appreciate it.
9/12-14 Riot Fest
9/19 Despise You
9/20 Revocation
9/27 Blood Feast