View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 11:00 AM
Four graves...

8. Make Them Suffer - Neverbloom

Sweet ass symphonic deathcore with a bit of blackened vocals from Australia (the best place for the genre). I have a bit of an obsession with this band ever since their amazing EP Lord of Woe in 2010.

Make Them Suffer - Neverbloom
Make Them Suffer - Maelstrom (released as a standalone single, but rerecorded for the album)
Make Them Suffer - Weeping Wastelands (Originally on Lord of Woe EP, but rerecorded for the album)

7. Cannibal Corpse - Torture

I thought that Evisceration Plague was their worst album to date and that Kill was their best album post-Barnes, so I was extremely pleased when this album turned out sounding more like Kill. This has song of CC's best songs to date. Dat bass solo in The Strangulation Chair ! I hated Scourge of Iron when the album came out, but in the last month that song has really grown on me.

Cannibal Corpse - As Deep As the Knife Will Go
Cannibal Corpse - Followed Home Then Killed
Cannibal Corpse - The Strangulation Chair

6. Xibalba - Hasta La Muerte

Doomy hardcore? Yes fucking please! This album is absolutely crushing. One of the heaviest things I've heard all year.

Xibalba - No Serenity
Xibalba - Hasta La Muerte
Xibalba - Cold

5. Teenage Bottlerocket - Freak Out!

This is just fun as fuck punk right here. Lots of songs with silly subject matter that end up being catchy as hell. This band is completely underrated and that's a shame. Plus, the two times I saw them this year, they came on stage to Slayer's South of Heaven. The guitarist was also wearing a Deicide shirt.

Teenage Bottlerocket - Headbanger (Thumbs up for the Death Angel 'Frolic in the Park' shirt, Bathory shirt and Municipal Waste graffiti)
Teenage Bottlerocket - Cruising For Chicks
Teenage Bottlerocket - Necrocomicon
Teenage Bottlerocket - In the Pit

The last four as I write them.
4/26 Possessed ?
4/27 Iron Reagan ?
5/3 Chthonic ?
5/3 Sadistic Intent