View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 05:00 AM
N00B

Gojira -- Minneapolis, MN -- January 14th, 2013

I didn't keep track of setlists, but I'm sure someone else did. Tack them onto the thread if you have them. Gojira's set was no different than their most recent shows.

The Atlas Moth
Meh. Not my style. Someone needed to give these guys a hug and let them know they're on tour with Devin Townsend and Gojira. Cheer up, guys.

Devin Townsend
Awesome. I'm trying to remember the last time I saw a veteran act like Devin get such an amazing reaction for new material. Most fans of veteran metal acts tolerate the new stuff and go nuts for the classics. Not with Devin. He had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand for his new material. Of course, they loved the old songs too, but he's really got something going with his new material.

Gojira
These guys don't piss around. What an intense show. I like how they structure their set. A lot of the hard-hitting, moshing types of songs are in the first part of the set, and some of their more trippy stuff is toward the end. It creates a great vibe. Of course, Gojira's trippy stuff is still heavy as hell so people keep moshing, but you get my point. They fucked up Art of Dying about two minutes into it, so they restarted and we got to hear the intro twice. That's not a bad thing. Highlight of the set was probably Wisdom Comes.

Overall, an awesome show and a great way for an aging 31-year-old metalhead to spend a Monday night.