View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 08:34 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Them starting out on PPV really wasn't a bad idea. Since they were a new company people were probably curious in checking them out, so I don't think the spoilers hurt them that badly then.

The problem is for those that don't get the PPVs online somehow, why would you pay for a show that was pre-taped 3 months before? They don't start airing these until april but they already taped the first two today. That's right, we know PPV spoilers months in advance. It's one thing to have them a week or a few days ahead but months? That's the dumbest shit i've ever heard. I'll still probably check the shows out once they show up on a torrent site but Dixie, Hogan and whoever the hell else is in charge are more out of touch than Vince if they think people are gonna pay to watch these shows.

These shows are supposed to operate sperately from the TNA storylines so I guess they're just fun shows to watch that won't have any barring on the current angles. On free TV this is a good idea but it's not for PPVs.
Starting as PPV only wasn't a bad idea but the way they went about it was. Look at the wrestlecrap.com induction on it. I don't know many people who were going to pay for the Flying Elvis, midgets and Jeff Jarrett as your centerpiece every week.

And the new PPV idea could work if:
1. they do what you said and have no storyline elements
and a big
2. they go all out
If they have a X-Division only PPV they have to have at least one KILLER match on it that gets a lot of internet buzz and people will pay for it. And not just Styles vs. Daniels #2934, I mean something big. Or if they have a Hardcore one they have to do something huge that people will just want to see. They'll have to focus soley on the wrestling because I don't know how many times I skipped a Smackdown because I read the spoilers two days in advance. And they'll have to do it for every PPV.

Speaking of wrestlecrap.com, the new site is brutal.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation