View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 05:55 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

7.Every Time I Die-Ex Lives
"I want to be dead with my friends" is the first lyric on the opening track of Every Time I Die's latest Ex Lives "Underwater Bimbos from Outer Space" and it perfectly sets the tone for how crushing this record is. From the opening notes of "Under Bimbos" to the closing notes of "Indian Giver", Every Time I Die grabs you by the throat and takes you on a ride that throws a lot of curveballs and is full of relentless intensity. Every Time I Die's mash of hardcore, metalcore, sludge, and southern rock adds even more to it's arsenal with some experimentation with bluegrass ("Partying is Such Sweet Sorrow") and low-key alternative rock ("Revial Mode"). Don't get me wrong, for the most part this is still the catchy, heavy, and chaotic Every Time I Die that has been decimating the metal community for the past decade or so, there is just a little of bit variation to their trademark attack on this record. In my opinion, Ex Lives is Every Time I Die's best work to date and I'm stoked to finally see these crazy bastards headline in March.

Standout Tracks
1.Partying is Such Sweet Sorrow
2.I Suck (Blood)
3.Underwater Bimbos from Outer Space
1/25 August Burns Red
1/31 Machine Head

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/