View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 06:05 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

15. Hour of Penance - Sedition

It's so uncompromisingly brutal, yet it sacrifices none of it's technicality. Some of the fastest shit to come out this year.

Hour of Penance - Decimate the Ancestry of the Only God
Hour of Penance - Sedition Through Scorn

14. 3 Inches of Blood - Long Live Heavy Metal

Super cheesy album title, but solid as fuck traditional metal. I'm glad they started throwing in screams hear and there again.

3 Inches of Blood - Leather Lord
3 Inches of Blood - Men of Fortune

13. Black Breath - Sentenced to Life

It's got everything you need in it: crust, thrash, death, grind, hardcore, black, buzzsaw distortion. I'm still surprised these guys aren't from Sweden.

Black Breath - Sentenced to Life
Black Breath - Endless Corpse

12. Aborted - Global Flatline

I didn't have high expectations for this album since the Coronary Reconstruction EP kinda sucked, but this album rips. Also, there is an impressive array of guest vocalists. Sven is still one of the best vocalists in death metal.

Aborted - Global Flatline
Aborted - Coronary Reconstruction

11a. Derketa - In Death We Meet

I listened to this after I started my list and knew that I had to include it, so I'm just doing 11a and b instead of moving everything up a number. A death/doom band where 3/4 of the members are female! I absolutely love the slow doomy parts. The frontwoman's vocals also go so well with the music.

Derketa - Rest in Peace
Derketa - In Death We Meet

11b. Goatwhore - Blood for the Master

Goatwhore really solidified my love for them this year with this album and the three times I got to see them. It's another fantastic mix of black and death metal with some thrashiness to it.

Goatwhore - Collapse in Eternal Worth
Goatwhore - When Steel and Bone Meet
1/5 Genocide Pact ?
1/9 Skull Fist
1/10 Cruel Hand
1/16 Mayhem