View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 07:21 PM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post

9.Kendrick Lamar-good kid, m.A.A.d city
Kendrick Lamar is the savior of mainstream hip-hop. His major-label debut, good kid, m.A.A.d city, is a layered, complex concept record about his upbringing in the rough streets of Compton and how was he able to overcome it and go onto to become a successful rapper. He is a master storyteller that expertly weaves 3-4 different stories with ease. His lyrics are full of honesty, no matter what the subject. It doesn't matter if it's stupid, brag-rap song like "Backseat Freestyle" set through the eyes of his teenage self or a magnum-opus like "Sing About Me/I'm Dying of Thirst" which is about a friend of his who was a gang member that shot and killed on the street, He approaches it with sincerity and intelligence. This is an ambitious, emotionally powerful, cohesive, and smart album that successfully bridges the gap between mainstream and underground hip-hop. It gets better upon each listen and if Kendrick Lamar keeps it up, he will be one of the most important and influential hip-hop artists of his generation.

Standout Tracks
1.Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst
2.m.A.A.d city
3.The Art of Peer Pressure
This cd is fucking ace.
Basement-8/12