View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 05:13 PM
I know the songs you're singing saying nothing loud and clear I've heard that song a thousand times

2. Deftones - Koi No Yokan

Every time Deftones releases a new album it is almost guaranteed a top spot in my favorites for each year. This being no different and I assume everybody recognizes who they are since the release of the excellent Diamond Eyes. I remember being a long time before I became such a avid fan of this band. They have such a unique sound and nobody sounds like them makes their appealing all the more enduring once you really begin to listen to them. For this record they continue with their sound from DE and mixes it up a bit to make a record with a lot more variety of ambiance. There is not a lot of Chino's signature screaming which might seem disappointed but you most likely won't notice it. Swerve City opens up this album brilliantly and closes with the excellent What Happened to You?. Rosemary is the longest song on the album that has a mellow section that could have been cut a little shorter. Entombed and Tempest are the seemingly slow tracks in the album that take awhile to get used too but sound amazing. Graphic Nature and Poltergeist should be staples in their live set. All things considered, this is another seamlessly perfect album from front to back by one of the most consistent bands of all time.

Favorite Tracks
Poltergeist
Swerve City
Graphic Nature
7/24 - NIN/Soundgarden
8/28 - Linkin Park