View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 12:29 PM
So either make a change or shut the fuck up about it already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post

13.Converge-All We Love We Leave Behind
This record seems to be getting way more love than Converge normally gets and gained them a lot of new fans. I mean this with all do respect, but where have you people been for the last decade or so? All We Love We Leave Behind is the latest in a series of knockout punches for Converge. This record spends equal time between moody post-hardcore ("Coral Blue", "Aimless Arrow", the title track), the chaotic mathcore that they have pioneered ("Trespasses", "Tender Abuse", "Vicious Muse" and a combination of the two ("Sadness Comes Home", "Empty on the Inside", "Predatory Glow".) This record is a little bit more accessible and melodic than Converge typically is, but it's still a jarring whirlwind of a record that only Converge create.

Standout Tracks
1.Sadness Comes Home
2.Trespasses
3.Vicious Muse
Those 2 things definitely go hand in hand. On the plus side, this album has got me checking out their older material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post

11.Coheed and Cambria-The Afterman: Ascension
Old Coheed and Cambria is back! After two pretty good, but not great releases, Coheed and Cambria has returned to form with a kick-ass progressive rock record full of excellent riffs, hooks, atmosphere, and songwriting. No World for Tommorow and Year of the Black Rainbow had some standout songs, but they also had a lot of filler that took away from the record. The Afterman: Ascension is consistently great (save for the mediocre closing track "Subtraction") and sees Coheed creating their best music since 2005's From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness. Having original drummer Josh Eppard back in the lineup for the first time since 2006 seems to have revitalized the band. Chris Pennie was definitely a better drummer from a technical standpoint, but Eppard's style fits Coheed's sound better and his presence has brought the band back to their glory days. The Afterman: Ascension is a glorious turnaround album for Coheed and Cambria and I'm extremely excited for the second half of the record, The Afterman: Descension, to come out in February.

Standout Tracks
1.Key Entity Extraction III: Vic the Butcher
2.Key Entity Extraction I: Domino the Destitute
3.Key Entity Extraction II: Holly Wood the Cracked
Damn, it's really this good? I love Coheed but last three albums don't even touch their world prior to that. Def have to check this out.

Also God Forbid is pretty high so I will check them out again even though they never really impressed me. To me, Darkest Hour is the most underrated metalcore band. Pumped to see your top 10, keep it up!