Drum roll please...
As Pink once said, let's get this party started. In keeping with the pattern established in last year's thread, my first list is comprised of stuff I just didn't get a chance to listen to (but would have liked to do so). Also, rather than hold up the start of this thread, I knew I probably wouldn't get around to listening to them enough to give them a fair day in court, so I just thought I would mention them here so folks would know why these albums don't appear elsewhere in the thread.
Fifteen Albums That I Just Didn't Get Around to Listening To This Year (But Wanted To)
- Abigail Williams - Becoming
- Alcest - Les Voyages de l'Ame
- Arsis - Leper's Caress (EP)
- Black Sheep Wall - No Matter Where It Ends
- Botanist - III - Doom in Bloom
- Cattle Decapitation - Monolith of Inhumanity
- Deathspell Omega - Drought (EP)
- The Gathering - Disclosure
- Hooded Menace - Effigies of Evil
- Krallice - Years Past Matter
- Kreator - Phantom Antichrist
- Locrian & Mamiffer - Bless Them That Curse You
- Sigur Ros - Valtari
- Shining (Swe) - Redefining Darkness
- Winterfylleth - The Threnody of Triumph
(Caveat: I actually did listen to a few of these, but not enough that I could render any sort of informed opinion.)
EDIT: I listened to bits and pieces of Arsis, DsO, Hooded Menace, Krallice and Winterfylleth and they all sounded pretty good...
EDIT2: Coming next...Five Albums That Straight Up Sucked / Pissed Me Off