View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 05:21 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

Well. fuck, since my external hard drive crapped out on me and a "power surge" (my roommate's drunk girlfriend) deleted the next five reviews I had written, I'm just gonna finish this up with really short, couple sentence reviews.

25. Spawn of Possession - Incurso

Still waiting for that new Necrophagist album? Have no fear, Spawn of Possession is here to ease the wait! This tech death release is oozing with great riffs and technical prowess.

Spawn of Possession - Where Angels Go Demons Follow
Spawn of Possession - The Evangelist

24. Death Grips - The Money Store

This is some of the most aggressive hip-hop that I've heard. The industrial influences aid in that.

Death Grips - The Fever (Aye Aye)
Death Grips - I've Seen Footage

23. Orange Goblin - A Eulogy for the Damned

This is one of the most catchy stoner/traditional releases that I've ever heard. The choruses will be stuck in your head for days.

Orange Goblin - Red Tide Rising
Orange Goblin - The Filthy and the Few

22. Hooded Menace - Effigies of Evil

Death/doom is probably one of my favorite genres at the moment and Hooded Menace just delivers everything I need in a death/doom release. It has the slow/crushing riffs with melodic parts interspersed with some great vocals.

Hooded Menace - Crumbling Insanity
Hooded Menace - Evoken Vulgarity

21. Pallbearer - Sorrow and Extinction

Any traditional doom band is inevitably going to get likened to Black Sabbath, but in Pallbearer's case it's completely founded because the vocalist sounds like an exact mix of Ozzy and Geddy Lee and it's fucking fantastic. Devoid of Redemption also may have my favorite riff of the year.

Pallbearer - Devoid of Redemption
Pallbearer - An Offering of Grief
9/12-14 Riot Fest
9/19 Despise You
9/20 Revocation
9/27 Blood Feast