View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Dave Meniketti is God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
The Target Center has a capacity of 20,000: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Target_Center So that means they didn't sell enough tickets and had to cut the arena in half!!!!!! WTF?!?! But in 2010, they sold the MN. State Fair out which holds over 15,000! I just don't get it.
I had thought about that too. The Garden in Boston holds over 18,000. Then I did the smart thing & read this.

RUSH fan site RushIsABand.com has posted the official Billboard Boxscore attendance and sales figures for all but one of the U.S. dates on the band's 2012 "Clockwork Angels" tour; only the Atlanta show numbers are still pending along with the six Canadian dates. Eight of the 28 shows reported Manchester, Bridgeport, Newark, Buffalo, San Jose, Universal City, Dallas and Houston were sellouts. The highest-grossing date on the tour was the September 15 show in Chicago, which grossed $1,113,292. The most-attended show was the sold-out October 26 show in Buffalo where 13,215 fans filled the First Niagara Center.

Note that the capacity figures reported do not always correspond to the actual physical capacity of the venue; it reflects the number of tickets that were made available for sale.