View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 12:16 PM
I know the songs you're singing saying nothing loud and clear I've heard that song a thousand times

13. Devin Townsend Project - Epicloud

I guess you can say that I am a casual fan of Devin Townsend, I haven't been able to hear all of his works since I discovered SYL in 2006. I love discovering all the wonders that he has brought to the metal landscape and how he continues to write new material every year however I don't always enjoy all of them. Now for this album in particular I must say that I do enjoy this much more than his last two records overall. The tracks are not dragged on like in Deconstruction or too mellow like in Ghost. When I heard this record for the first time I didn't like what I was hearing but than I gradually warm up to it the more I listened to it. Lucky Animals was a track that I hated immediately but I found out that if your are in happy mood it can sound amazing with the repetitive chorus and all. Anneke van Giersbergen sounds much better here than in Addicted! and it doesn't as sound out of place at all like it did in Addicted! in some tracks. The tracks Liberation, Where We Belong, Grace, Save Our Now, Hold On are the key stand outs and ultimaly what made this record sound fantastic. Kingdom does sound a little out of place and I felt it didn't need to be remastered since it already sounded great before. Besides that, this record is a great showcase of Devin brings to the table in 2012. I just wish he would growl more and hopefully one day bring back Strapping Young Lad so that I can see them live.
7/24 - NIN/Soundgarden
8/28 - Linkin Park