Old 12-28-2012, 07:08 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

13. Rappers Delight

Group: The Sugarhill Gang
Members: Wonder Mike Master Gee Big Bank Hank
Recorded: 1979
Released: 1980
Album title: Rappers Delight

The Sugarhill Gang is an American hip hop group, known mostly for its 1979 hit "Rapper's Delight," the first hip hop single to become a Top 40 hit. The song uses an interpolation of the instrumental track from the classic hit "Good Times" by Chic as its foundation. While it was not the first single to feature rapping, it is generally considered to be the song that first popularized hip hop in the United States and around the world. The song's opening lyric, "I said a hip, hop, the hippie, the hippie to the hip hip hop," is world-renowned. The song was recorded in a single take.

This album really needs no post. The 14 minute classic "rappers delight" alone is worth the listen and seriously put hip hop on the map all across the U.S...hell i donno what rap would be like if it wasn't for sugar hill gangs "rappers Delight" LP...once again, those that don't agree with the post can stop checking this shit out, although i'm sure you won't

Rappers Delight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKTUAESacQM

This song is one of the greatest songs ever... and this album is legendary...but the next 12 albums to be posted take rap to the next level of lyricism, beats, samplings, dating from albums from 1994, 1993, 1995,2001, 1998, 1993.

till next time folks..
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer