View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 08:43 PM
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_M_S View Post
Yeah, I was there in 2009, I think, whatever year Manson was on it, it was the final show of the tour. They had a big sign in his dressing room about the swearing, and he just went out there and swore his ass off. They had the same rules this year, and I think Betraying the Martyrs were the first band to break it, then Asking Alexandria did it a bunch of times. I had a profanity tally going on the dry erase board in the Metal Blade tent. I didn't watch any of Slipknot or Slayer this year, I don't think, that was a super hot day and I just went and sat on the bus and watched movies until we left. I wish there was some sort of outdoor amphitheater setup in Norman instead of OKC, just so I could go wander around my old college campus again and act cool because I knew where everything was.
I went to an offdate with Lamb of God the day after their last Mayhem Festival date, and Randy mentioned that they weren't allowed to swear onstage because it was too close to a zoo with small children; a $2,500 fine awaited everyone who uttered profanity. He then went on a fifteen second "speech" consisting of nothing but swear words to make up for lost time in Oklahoma.
10/28 - Mike Watt
10/29 - Melvins
11/7 - 7 Seconds