View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 05:58 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

9. Slayer

Band: Slayer
Opening Bands: A bunch of shitty bands that I do not give a fuck about(MINUS high on fire, anthrax, and motor head)
Genre: Thrash Metal
Venue: The San Manuel Amphitheater
Date: June 30th, 2012

This was my sixth time seeing my favorite band of all time. Not one of the best times I've had seeing the Slayer. ahahhahah for those that are interested just go look up the mayhem fest june 30th 2012 setlist report and you'll find my review of this show to get a much better idea of how the show went down. That's really all I'm going to say. Personally I did not have a very enjoyable time at all because of some personal dilemma that got in the way before I left to the show, but i'll be damned if I didn't say Slayer performance was one of the best that i had seen in my six times seeing them. I hope I don't get shit for this but I'm honestly not tripping over jeff not being with the band any time soon. Last time I saw slayer with Jeff they were fucking terrible and it was easily one of the worst shows ever. With Gary Holt on the band wagon the bands sounds just seems way more fast paced, so much more tighter, and way more intense. Maybe its just me but i also noticed kerry king has stepped up his A-game, maybe its to keep up with Gary Holt? Either way the bands performance was phenomenal and my horrible pissed off mood at the show did not tarnish one bit of the bands incredible 50 minute performance. This was my sixth time seeing slayer, but this was my 2nd time seeing Slayer with Gary Holt filling in and goddamn I must say he is the best replacement they could ever ask for...

Back to the gary holt - jeff thing i was saying earlier. I remember in mayhem 2009 slayer opened up with Disciple and the sound was pretty yucky, and the song just came out really bad. For mayhem fest this year Slayer opened up with Disciple once again, but this time the song actually sounded fucking incredible. I donno if it was the combo of Kerry King and Gary Holt just trying to keep up with each other and outshine one another, or if it was tom Arayas powerful voice but goddamn this was an incredible performance and they nailed it at replicating the song from album to live setting. High light of the show was when they played "Altar of Sacrifice". My God, during the songs performance i just lost my mind head banging and belching out the lyrics like a mad man pumping my fist like a fucking engine...and then they go right into JESUS SAVES...EPIC WIN...best part of the night for me....

It's just too bad I had one of the worst times ever at this show.....and one of the worst days of my life.

but it still won't change the fact that slayer is my favorite band of all time, and they are the greatest fucking band in the world, and personally if I had a much better time at this show this would have easily went in the top five.

YEAH BITCH EIGHT MORE SHOWS TO GO.

WE GOT SOME MORE HIP HOP

SOME SLUDGE

SOME STONER METAL

Oh and we got a little bit of Death Metal here and there

Throw in some DOOM METAL IN THE MIX

oh oh oh and can't forget those OLD SCHOOL MOTHER FUCKERS HAILING FROM THE NWOBHM!!! NEW WAVE OF BRITISH HEAVY METAL FOR THE WIN, BITCHES

Time to get ready for work. I loving working holidays because it's usually dead and smooth sailing till I'm off. PEACE AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS FOLKS. - sep69

5/11 - Saint Vitus