View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 06:26 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post

17. Beck - Mellow Gold

Probably the album on this list that I’ve had for the longest. Who wasn’t hooked by Loser back in 1994? Unlike a lot of people I actually listened to the rest of the album and found a lot more stuff on it that I loved. Back then, as a teenager, I’d never heard someone combine pretty much every style on one album. Beck’s early stuff is wicked, there’s a lot of cool stuff you should check out. I still love it after almost twenty years.
Favorite Song: Sweet Sunshine (I can't find a video of it)
Great Minds think alike. Mellow Gold is also one of my favorite albums. Beck was truly a gifted artist and ahead of his time. I'm with you on that one; I am also one of those people that love this record and listen to it for more than just "Loser" which was a great single back in the day. My favorite songs on the album are "(Snoozer)Pay No Mind" and "Whiskyclone hotel city 1997". Ahhh I have some pretty fond memories during my hey days walking around a big dark forest at three in the morning while under the influence of some powerful psychedelics while playing the tunes of "Snoozer(pay no mind) on my headphones while zoning out to the sky. Becks music was very powerful back then(and pretty trippy)..

Thanks for the list man, looking forward to reading the rest my friend

11/14 - Slayer