View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 04:07 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Dying Fetus, Job For A Cowboy, Volumes, Last Chance To Reason : Albany, NY - March 2

Bogie's is a good and bad place to see a show. Not gonna lie, it's a dump. However, it's a very intimate place, they allow stage diving, and the atmosphere is always cool. Their owner/general manager Mike Valente is a nice guy, too. LCTR was suprisingly decent. I'm not a big fan of prog metal, but I didn't mind these guys. They mixed about 47 different subgenres of metal into their sound. I really liked the first song, wish I knew what their set was on that tour. Volumes was decent too, but had sound problems and hence only played for about 20 minutes. Was able to talk to Sean from DF afterwards, and as expected, he was a very cool guy. JFAC was good, although I do not particularly care for their new album, the 2 new songs they played sounded better live than they do on CD. The mighty Dying Fetus closed the night in crushing fashion. They sound so good live, and it's amazing how tight they are, and how "full" and heavy they are w/ just 3 dudes playing. Not sure if anyone remembers their setlist for this tour, but it was a great one. Walked right up to the front and filmed away, got some decent footage.

JFAC
Black Discharge

Dying Fetus
Invert The Idols
Beaten Into Submission

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)