View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 05:29 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

adamclark52's Favorite Albums

Everyone else is posting their lists of Top-20 for the year. I honestly don't know if I've even heard twenty albums this year. So instead I'll go the old route of just posting my 20 favorite albums. I'd post one a day or something but I doubt anyone really will be waiting with baited breath, so I'll kill it pretty quickly before Christmas.

20. Triptykon – Eparistera Daimones (2010)

I have great memories of this album since it was the last thing I listened to by myself with a very strong drink in my basement before my first-born son came home. As I listened to the end of the Prolonging I realized that this was it, everything’s changed.
Favorite Song: My Pain

19. Genghis Tron – Cloak of Love (2005)

To cram so much into twelve minutes and make it work; WOW. I loved this album because it was fun listening to it wondering what the hell they were going to do next. And I still am entertained by it.
Favorite Song: Laser Bitch

18. Sigur Ros - Takk… (2005)

When I started my first level of Trade School in fall of 2005 I was worried sick that if I didn’t make it through that was it. I’d lose my house, my job, everything. In the end it was really easy. But this album came out around that time and helped ease my stress that fall.
Favorite Song: Glósóli

17. Beck - Mellow Gold (1994)

Probably the album on this list that I’ve had for the longest. Who wasn’t hooked by Loser back in 1994? Unlike a lot of people I actually listened to the rest of the album and found a lot more stuff on it that I loved. Back then, as a teenager, I’d never heard someone combine pretty much every style on one album. Beck’s early stuff is wicked, there’s a lot of cool stuff you should check out. I still love it after almost twenty years.
Favorite Song: Sweet Sunshine (I can't find a video of it)

16. Enslaved – Ruun (2006)

I got this album for Christmas 2006. I have great memories of it because I was working a terrible job and in my downtime I’d play Final Fantasy XII and listen to it. And watching them play Essence live a few weeks after I got it was the moment I realized that I had to go to more concerts.
Favorite Song: Tides Of Chaos

15. Nadja – Touched (2007 re-recording)

This was an album that I could just get on my iPod, hop on the train and get completely lost in for the entire forty-five minute ride. Everything stops when I listen to it.
Favorite Song: Flowers Made of Flesh (can't find a video)

14. Tool – Lateralus (2001)

I’ve never been a huge Tool fan, in fact a lot of times I don’t like them because so many people jump on their bandwagon when they come back every couple of years. But this album floored me from the beginning. I was unemployed from February to August of 2001 and this album came out right when I was hitting a breaking point (in May). Listening to this album made me happy in a very bad time.
Favorite Song: Ticks & Leeches

13. Mr. Bungle - Disco Volante (1995)

I remember first hearing this album in 1998 and wondering what the hell I was listening to. “I thought this was the singer from Faith No More’s other band”, was all I kept thinking. “This is like some sort of soundtrack”. But on my second listen I got it.
Favorite Song: Desert Search for Techno Allah

12. Kyuss - …And The Circus Leaves Town (1995)

I just really enjoy this album. I got it for Christmas from my mom in 1997. I don’t know how she found it, or what made her get it over any of the easier to find albums I had on my Christmas list that year, but I’m glad she did. I always loved that the vocals were muddy and further back in the mix.
Favorite Song: Phototropic

11. Nile - Amongst the Catacombs of the Nephren-Ka (1998)

The moment I started loving this album was on a train ride home in early 2007. I feel asleep earlier on in the album and woke up during the acoustic part of Beneath Eternal Oceans of Sand. I was in that place between awake and asleep and the song sounded so wicked. When it was over I woke up and said to myself, “this album rules”. I got it around the same time as Enslaved ‘Ruun’, so it has those memories to go with it as well.
Favorite Song: Barra Edinazzu

Other ten tomorrow or something.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 -DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 02-16-2013 at 07:41 PM.