View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 11:31 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Natrlhi's 2012 Year-End List Extravagasm

Sooooooo, since the world didn't end yesterday after all...

A mere week or so after shamefully finishing last year's thread (LLZ), I suppose it's time I start my new one.

I'll be changing up my format this year a bit, in the hopes of actually finishing this in some reasonable amount of time (i.e., before 2014). I'll still do a lot of the random lists I did last year to help speed things along (see below), but this time I think I'm only going to post mini-reviews for the top twenty-five or so. Maybe I'll wait a bit for feedback before I decide how many.

At any rate, as busy as 2012 was, I still managed to listen to around 100 albums - or at least that's how many I intended to check out. A few of them I never got around to checking out fully, and like last year, there'll be a place for those. I think the general layout will look something like this:
  • Fifteen Albums That I Just Didn't Get Around to Listening To This Year (But Wanted to)
  • Five Albums That Straight Up Sucked / Pissed Me Off
  • Five Albums That Were Good, But Just Aren't My Thing, Man
  • Fifteen Albums That Were Just OK
  • Ten Albums That I Probably Would Have Loved, Given More Time
  • Top Ten Live Shows
  • Top Ten Live Performances
...and then there'll be the Nifty Fifty, which are albums that I did spend enough time with to warrant ranking them. Like I said, I probably won't write reviews for them all, but I'll take the time to rank them just the same.

...and for what it's worth, I'm actually not that far away from having all of the categories and rankings done already.

So lower your expectations just slightly and get ready, bitches - because here we go again...