View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 03:37 PM
Crucial Mosh Achieved

Every Time I Die -- Lansing, MI -- December 18th, 2012

This is basically me gushing about how awesome this show was.

I got to The Loft around 8, and the first of the touring bands, Kills and Thrills, had literally just started their set. They actually surprised me quite a bit, very good band. Kind of like Every Time I Die but without the southern rock influences. Their front man was energetic as hell. He was out in the crowd moshing as well as grabbing random people (including me) and singing in their faces for the entirety of a song. They also played a cover of Ace of Spades which really got the crowd rowdy. Check them out!

(sorry, no setlist)

After that, The Chariot went on. Now, I wasn't really expecting much seeing how they were an opening band, but holy shit. People were going absolutely apeshit for them. Plenty of sing-alongs and crowd surfing to go around. Never have I ever seen such a huge reaction for an opening band. This band definitely shines live.

(not familiar with their material, but I know they opened with Evan Perks and closed with Before There Was Atlanta, There Was Douglasville)

Before Every Time I Die went on, some people and I were discussing how the hell they were going to top the previous band. Honestly, I was doubtful that they could. Nope. They actually got a crazier response. During the first few songs I was up front, and the pushing and pulling was so strong that I was literally on my back on the stage and I couldn't get up. I left the front after Underwater Bimbos from Outer Space and spent the rest of the time screaming my head off in the pit. Good times. The band was definitely shocked at the crowd, and Keith even said we were the best crowd of the tour. As you may know, bands almost always say this but if you were there you could tell he was being sincere. And I'm pretty sure half the crowd was drunk while they were playing, too. They pumped through a bunch of songs, and during Indian Giver, there must have been at least thirty or so people on stage. Definitely a concert for the books. Oh, and Jeff Tuttle (formerly of The Dillinger Escape Plan) was there, which is pretty cool.

Setlist (out order in the middle):
Bored Stiff
I Suck [Blood]
Apocalypse Now and Then
Underwater Bimbos from Outer Space
Holy Book of Dilemma
The Marvelous Slut
I Been Gone a Long Time
Typical Miracle
No Son of Mine
[Pantera breakdown medley]
Partying is Such Sweet Sorrow