View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 11:55 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
You musn't be check many websites. Almost every major metal website praised it to no end, quite a few put in the AOTY lists, many top ten appearances, quite a few #1 spots. I think Blabbermouth gave it a 10/10. Almost every metal forum has tons of rabid BTBAM fans (minus the forums at metal-archives). Hell, they're one of the most embraced modern metal bands on /mu/. Not to mention that Colors is the most celebrated progressive metal album of the new millennium. I think I'm the only dude who loves BTBAM on the site (which is many, many people) who was disappointed by Future Sequence. I'm not trying to be finicky, but to say that BTBAM gets a lot of flack and/or that they don't get the credit they deserve is ludicrous.

In other news, this thread was awesome. I can't say I totally agree with the Top 10, but there are some great albums on it.
No I know a lot of people who are disappointed by it, which is why I'm defending my love for it.

I really don't check many sites for album reviews and stuff like that since I do it myself for people. I go off from my friends, people on my facebook, here and a couple other forums, that's about it besides my own humble opinion. I think that's why I don't follow trends or care what some people think about things I like.

And thanks for digging the thread, hopefully you found some music you will dig.