View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 06:41 PM
That Guy

6.) Between the Buried And Me- The Parallax II: Future Sequence

The continuation to last year's EP, The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues, BTBAM has outdone themselves again. I dare say this is the lightest BTBAM album to date, BUT it is still so very damn heavy. like Colors, I call this album Adult Contemporary Progressive Death Metal. At that it is so very layered in Prog Rock almost more than anything else, which a lot of newer fans do not like. I fail to understand why. guess the new era of Deathcore and Djent fans want all music to be brutal all the time or something. BTBAM can never let me down (except for the fact they haven't been to Minnesota since 2008, except for the upcoming tour with Coheed and Cambria in February) and this may be their crowning achievement. Listen tot his album with a clear, open mind, and you will hopefully understand why. They are one of the most underrated bands around, which is an odd thing to say but think about it, besides Colors, and the new rantings from Greg of Dillinger Escape Plan complaining about this album....how often do you actually hear about BTBAM and how good they are? Exactly!