View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 04:32 PM
"I call it torture you call it life. A slave to money and everything I despise"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
I was there on Friday and Saturday. Probably my two favorite shows of the year, especially Saturday (it did help that was the day of my birthday ) Seeing some of my fave bands (Black Dahlia Murder, Unearth, Skeletonwitch, Fleshgod Apocalypse, God Forbid, The Contortionist, All Shall Perish) again and some others (Protest the Hero, Periphery*) as well as other badass bands like Nile, Overkill, and Rotting Out for the first time (Seeing All That Remains for the first time in three years was cool too) made for a fucking amazing weekend (Pretty much everyone I saw was at the very least watchable except for fucking Dragonforce. )

Cruel Hand is badass, I'm glad you checked them out. I saw in 2008 opening for The Acacia Strain and they crushed live. Unfortunately it seems like every time they play NEMHF they are on at the same time as someone I want to see more. Hopefully I see them again eventually.

*I saw Periphery in 2009 with their old singer, but this was my first time seeing them with Spencer Sotelo.
I really do feel bad putting it at only number 10, cause it really was an amazing weekend. I just saw so many awesome shows this year. The ones near the top are some of my favorite bands, whereas most of the bands at this fest were bands I liked, with a couple bands I really loved. All of these shows on this list were amazing though, it's hard to really put them in order.
8/17 Jungbluth
8/23 Tercer Mundo/Muerte
9/27 GBH