View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

Top 5 EP's

5. Condition- Deteriorating

Total Japcore/D-Beat worship with this one. This band hardly plays live cause one of the members lives out of state or something. But if your lucky to catch em live, its one hell of a show. This EP was recorded in '11 but just released this year as an EP this year. Fuck it,I'm putting on the list cause it raw as fuck. Feat members of Trash Talk,DNF,and Raw Nerves.

4. Francis Harold & The Holograms- The White Bull Weeps From Valhalla

WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS BAND BEFORE?! SERIOUSLY. HOLY SHIT. I'VE MISSING OUT BIG TIME. If Ceremony is considered the Black Flag of today,Rotting Out the Suicidal Tendencies,than no doubt in my mind would FH+Holograms be Flipper. This is some weird ass shit. Echo-y voices from a fat guy in a bull dog mask. That's it man. That's all you need to know from this Punk/Low-Fi?/ Garage/some how Hardcore band that claims to be from Arizona but they're really from the OC. Supposedly this is their last releases ever,which makes me sad to know I'm super late on them. Holy shit this is horrendous. And I love horrendous. Frances Harold is God. Well Kinda.

3. Skvlt- 4 Songs EP

Skvlt is a Blackened Hardcore band from Massachusetts that I barely heard this year. If I would've heard their demo last year,it would've been #1 on my demo list. Luckily they gave us more great music this year,that kicks so much ass. A bit more on the Crust side with this one but still great Black Metal/Punk that you just can't stop blasting. I envy you people that get to see em all the time over there. This is so good.

2. Hoax- 3rd EP

This is completely insane. Like fuck dude,I honestly believe the singers a madman and this EP shows it. This is some heavy stuff that makes you want to keep hitting yourself with a microphone. If not then well their front man will do it for you. But fuck man this is EP is for nut jobs and psycho's. So if you hate yourself and want to listen to the some of the most awesome Hardcore of this decade,I suggest Hoax.

1. DNF- Hurt

My most anticipated EP of the year was by DNF. DNF have totally changed since their hiatus and their demo. They shortened their name to be more serious I'm assuming(formally Duke Nukem Forever), have gone from silly Grindviolence to a more serious angst-y Powerviolence/Hardcore/a bit Sludgy/Grind act,and just kick way more ass. Though they are kind of different band this EP did not let me down at all and is one of my favorite releases of this year. Total pissed off,fast,loud,and catchy songs that will have you stage diving and punching the person right next to you. DNF wins EP of the year, and I really can't wait for what they have in store next. Member's of Trash Talk,Touche Amore,Raw Nerves,and Condition. P.O.N.P.
10/31-King Diamond

Last edited by elturtleboy; 12-11-2012 at 08:06 PM.